Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Former Child Protective Services Caseworker: ‘I’ll be blunt: this is insane.”

Former Child Protective Services Caseworker: ‘I’ll be blunt: this is insane.”:

My last couple of posts have touched on issues relating to children’s welfare and safety, and the issue of what role child protective agencies should play in that. Here’s another fine piece by Conor Friedersdorf, although in truth, it’s less his work than that of the three people he called on to comment on their experiences with CPS (The Atlantic, 7/24/14). Sometimes it’s best to just allow others to speak and listen to them when they do and, to Friedersdorf’s credit, he does just that in a sensible and balanced way. A former CPS worker, a woman who credits CPS for her removal from her family and a father who was abused by the child protection system were Friedersdorf’s choices to speak out about what to do when children may, or may not be, at risk.


No comments:

Post a Comment