Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Monday, April 30, 2012

NH DCYF Ignores The Indian Child Welfare Act


Indian Child Welfare Act (25 U.S.C.§1901 et seq.:) Passed by Congress in 1978





Indian Child Welfare Act (25 U.S.C.§1901 et seq.:)  Passed by Congress in 1978, this Act is aimed at preserving Native American families and tribes. The Act:


·    establishes legal standards for removal of Native American children from their families,
·    represents a placement preference for Native American children who are placed outside their parents' home, giving priority to relatives and members of the child's  tribe; and
·    requires notification to the parent or Native American custodian and the Native American child's tribe when a Native American child is placed involuntarily into out-of-home placement








My grandchildren were taken from their Mother on January 20,2006 and placed in my home, until they were removed from my home on February 3,2006, by her DCYF worker  and another DCYF worker, along with four Police officer's. The DCYF Lawyer went Judge shopping to remove the kid's because my younger, extremely ill daughter was living with us, who had an open case, which the Judge was already aware of. In fact, he had no problem with her being there. DCYF didn't bother to look for other relatives. They never do.


I had always been told since I was just a child, that my ancestors were of American Indian heritage. A fact I've always been proud of. As a child I always loved going to my Great Aunts house for visits. Her home was filled with pictures of American Indian's, which I surmised were my ancestors.
My husband was also told as a child that he also has American Indian heritage. DNA Testing is the next step.


My daughter was interviewed by DCYF worker. After going through my daughters file, just yesterday, searching for another paper of importance, I came across the DCYF Interview, which states my daughter told the worker of our family's American Indian heritage. The worker did nothing to follow through on this information. Wasn't it the duty of DCYF to follow through on this information, per The Indian Child Welfare Act (25 U.S.C.§1901 et seq.:) Passed by Congress in 1978 The document of Proof is dated February 22,2006. 


Shouldn't some kind of action be taken against DCYF for not following up on my daughter's revelation? Whether 
we are of Indian heritage or not, wasn't it up to DCYF to investigate this claim and also to fully document the 
investigation? 
I am now trying to find a way to get DNA testing on my husband and myself to in fact prove we are of Indian heritage. Wouldn't this be a very good reason to return my grandchildren? Will CPS/DCYF ever learn how to follow the Law?
I decided not to post the document due to retaliation, but I DO have it in my possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment