Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Time for a new approach to protecting children? Richard Wexler Has the Right Idea!

azcentral.com blogs - Laurie Roberts' Columns & Blog - LaurieRoberts - Time for a new approach to protecting children?:

On Saturday, I wrote about the many times over the years that Child Protective Services has been reformed, only to see the same old result.
More bodies washing into public view, more children dying while CPS was supposed to be watching.
After a decade's worth of reforms, we now have a record number of children in state custody, an overflowing foster care system, an astonishing number of open CPS investigations…
And more bodies washing into public view.

As yet another governor embarks upon yet another round of CPS reforms, I wonder if it's time to consider a new approach to keeping kids safe.
Which is how I came to be calling Richard Wexler this week. Wexler has long decried Arizona's approach to child welfare – what he terms the “foster care panic”.

Read More:

No comments:

Post a Comment