Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Mother's Plea: Emma Routh's Mother Speaks Out

A Mother's Plea: Emma Routh's Mother Speaks Out - CBS 19 - The Eye of East Texas News - 

By Anthony Austin

(KYTX) - It's a story we've been following for more than two years now. The story of Emma Routh, a Palestine girl battling a rare and serious blood disorder, who finally received the bone marrow transplant she needed.

Now, that same little girl has been taken away from her mother for alleged neglect. Now, cell phone video is all Emma's mother has left.

"They took my kid for no reason, they didn't give me a chance to defend myself," said Brandy Pfluger.

Six months ago, during a hospital visit in Boston, Child Protective Services in Texas began questioning Brandy about her daughter's health.

"The next morning, I got a call saying they had went in front of a judge and taken Emma away from me and I no longer had custody of her," said Brandy.

According to Child Protective Services, Medical professionals brought to their attention concerns they had with Emma's medical care. In a statement, the department said it believed that the safety of Emma would be in immediate danger due to the history of medical and physical neglect.

"The last six months have been so hard sitting in a house with her pictures, I've always had my children, I've never been alone," said Brandy.

In an affidavit filed by CPS, Emma had poor hygiene, bacteria in her blood, and dehydration when she arrived at the hospital in Boston. Brandy said those claims are false.

"I've never neglected Emma, I've never abused my children," said Brandy.

Emma is now in state foster care. Brandy said medical records show her daughter's physical health is declining.

"She's got PTSD, she has herpes. How a six year old gets herpes, I have no idea... the medical team is not allowed to talk to me."

Brandy says she is the only person who understands her daughter's needs. Now, she says her child is suffering more without her.

"She actually told the medical staff that she wanted to die and she wanted me and her brothers to die...so we could all be together."

Brandy is still fighting for custody of Emma. She will be going to court in April to determine if her daughter will be returned to her care. Right now, she's only allowed to see Emma, once every other week, for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment