Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Peyton's Story Adoption Without The Father’s Consent

Peyton's Story
A father's quest to re-unite with his daughter.HomeWhat Is Peyton’s StoryAdoption Without The Father’s Consent
December 26th, 2009
Never in my wildest nightmares did I ever think that something like this would happen to me. I didn’t think that it really happened to any father who wanted to raise their child. When my daughter Peyton was adopted without my consent I went through a roller coaster ride of emotions and still do to this day. I felt hopeless, helpless, and still have a lot of hatred towards her mother for doing this.

Lawyers that I’ve spoken to haven’t been able to offer much guidance and don’t seem to know just how to handle this situation any more than I do. Not that I have the resources to hire an attorney for a lengthy legal battle, but I’d at least like to know what possible options that I do have, and how to proceed from here. I’ve thought that maybe I could do some of the work myself, but still don’t quite know what to do or who to talk to.

One of the things that has been the most surprising to me is how common this exact scenario is. After doing some research online I discovered that there are many other men out there that have lost all rights to their child unwillingly and with no consent given. The road to reunification seems nearly impossible without truckloads of money for legal fees. I even read about a man who took his custody case the whole way to the supreme court and lost. What the HELL? I have yet to read about a man who’s child has been placed for adoption without his consent and has re-gained custody.

So I decided to start this thread to gain your experience. What’s your story? How have you been affected? What did you do?
http://peytons-story.com/

4 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for all of your help Dot. Keep me posted about your grandchildren.
    Anthony "Peyton's Father"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep me posted also. Good luck and don't ever give up. Our children and grandchildren depend on us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been researching adoption issues for more than 30 years. The only adoptions ever overturned - a very rare occurrence - have historically been a result of a father coming back into the picture and staking his rightful claim - his constitutional right - that was taken from him without any due process.

    In order to stop this small number of any chance of reversing an adoption in favor of natural parents, the pro-adoption profiteers and their lobbyists created Putative Father Registries, enacted in every state now. While claiming to "protect" fathers they of course serve just the positive role: they ensure that fathers have no rights by creating yet another hoop for them to jump through in addition to DNA and being named as the father! ABSURD.

    I have a chapter on Fathers Rights in "The Stork Market: America's Multi-Billion Dollar Unregulated Adoption Industry"
    http://AdvocatePublications.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Anthony. I'm going to check out this site.

    ReplyDelete